2019 Scholarship Recipients
SAVMA is a non-profit association seeking to promote the interests of veterinary medicine, including furthering the health and welfare of animals in Arizona; to advance the cause of public health and the welfare of veterinary science in the State of Arizona and to foster, develop, and promote educational programs for veterinarians and their employees.
To strengthen the regional veterinary community and animal wellness through education, collaboration, and leadership.
This website was last updated: August 3, 2020
Arizona State Veterinary Medical Examining Board COVID-19 Announcement for Veterinarians, CVTs, Veterinary Hospital staff:
For guidance on many related topics, refer to the AVMA website COVID-19 webpage.
Important information from DEA. See this link:
Resources, blog posts and press releases at the AVMA
All CE can be completed online via an interactive course that is "board-approved" sponsored by AzVMA, SAVMA, AAHA, AAVSB, or specifically approved by the Arizona Veterinary Board (see list on the Continuing Education link)."
AzVMA has a dedicated page that is updated with COVID-19 resources daily:
Continuing Education Program
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Urine Culturing Guidelines:
Managing Patients with Bacterial Cystitis
Kari Mundschenk, DVM, DABVP-Feline
- Incidence, pathogenesis and predisposing factors of bacterial lower
- urinary tract infections in dogs and cats
- Diagnostic steps for the patient with clinical signs of lower urinary tract infections
- Indications for and significance of urine culture and sensitivity testing
- Review the 2019 ISCAID guidelines for the bacterial urinary tract infections in dogs and cats
This CE will be held via Zoom
Thanks to our Sponsor